Man City footballer Benjamin Mendy in double rape case
Manchester City’s famous footballer, 28-year-old Benjamin Mendy is accused of attempting to rape one woman and raped another at his Cheshire home after boasting he’d ‘had sex with 10,000 women’, a jury heard on Thursday.
According to the BBC, Mendy is accused of attacking the first woman after she slept with his friend while the second woman was allegedly attacked during a party at the remote mansion in the UK.
The French international is facing a retrial after he was acquitted in January of a string of sex attacks.
He was found not guilty of six rapes and one sexual assault against four women.
The jury in the previous trial could not reach verdicts on the two outstanding charges he still faces.
Benjamin Aina KC, prosecuting, On Thursday, June, 28, Chester Crown Court heard that the woman had previously met Mendy and a friend named Diacko at a nightclub in Barcelona in October 2017, and she became intimate with one of his friends. They kept in touch, and a year later she arranged to visit the accused’s friend at the footballer’s house, where they stayed after they all went with other girls for a night out.
“ She alleges the accused took her phone from her, which contained “intimate” photos, then led her to his locked bedroom, as she asked for her phone back. Aina said Mendy told her, “I just wanna have a look at you,” and told her to take her clothes off. Woman B complied, leaving her underwear on, and Mendy then threw her phone on the bed. As she went to retrieve it, the footballer is alleged to have taken hold of her from behind and raped her despite her telling him she did not want to have sex.” BBC reported.
Photo: Courtesy- Reuters